- "Friends" was an Emmy darling back in its day, amassing 62 nominations and six wins, with the main six cast members getting their share of nominations, too.
- Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, and David Schwimmer have all gone on to star in, produce, and direct other great TV shows, and have a total of 34 Emmy nominations between them.
- It is Phoebe Buffay actress Kudrow, however, who has the most Emmy nominations out of the six with 14.
- Meanwhile, Rachel Green actress Aniston has the same amount of wins as Kudrow (one each), but could win her second for "The Morning Show" at the upcoming September 21 ceremony.
- Here's a full breakdown of the Emmy records held by the six main "Friends" actors, ranked in ascending order by number of nominations and wins.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Top editors give you the stories you want — delivered right to your inbox each weekday.
Thanks for signing up!
Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go.
"Friends" earned a huge 62 Emmy nominations during its 10-season run, winning six, including Outstanding Comedy Series in 2002 for its eighth season — the one where Rachel had her baby.
Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, and David Schwimmer have all gone on to star in, produce, and direct other great TV shows, and have a total of 34 Emmy nominations between them.
Many fans probably assume the six main cast members were nominated for every season, but because they were competing not only with actors from other shows, but also with eachother, that wasn't exactly the case.
Here's a full breakdown of the Emmy records held by the six main "Friends" actors, ranked in ascending order by number of nominations and wins.
6. Courteney Cox has never been nominated for an Emmy.
Sadly, Courteney Cox has never received an Emmy nomination, making her the only main "Friends" cast member not to get the nod.
She did, however, earn a Golden Globe nomination in 2010 for "Cougar Town" for Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical TV Series.
5. David Schwimmer has two Emmy nominations, but no wins.
David Schwimmer's two Emmy nominations came 21 years apart. He earned his first for playing Ross Geller in "Friends" in 1995, and his second for playing lawyer Robert Kardashian in 2016 for "American Crime Story." He didn't win either time.
Here's a complete breakdown of David Schwimmer's Emmys record:
- Supporting actor in a comedy series — "Friends" — 1995
- Supporting actor in a limited series/movie — "American Crime Story" — 2016
4. Matthew Perry has never won despite being nominated four times.
Matthew Perry fared slightly better than Schwimmer, getting two more nominations but the same amount of wins — none.
Only one of Perry's nominations came for playing Chandler Bing in "Friends," however, with two coming for Aaron Sorkin's "The West Wing" and the final one going to "The Ron Clark Story."
Here is a complete breakdown of Matthew Perry's Emmys record:
- Lead actor in a comedy series —" Friends" — 2002
- Guest actor in a drama series" — "The West Wing" — 2003
- Guest actor in a drama series" — "The West Wing" — 2004
- Lead actor in a miniseries/movie — "The Ron Clark Story" — 2006
3. Matt LeBlanc has seven Emmy nominations, but has also never won.
All of Matt LeBlanc's Emmy nominations come in lead actor in a comedy series, with three for "Friends" and four for "Episodes."
The casts of "Friends" were placed in the supporting categories early on, but that changed after 2001 when they were placed in the leading categories. LeBlanc failed to win any of his nominations, however, even as Joey Tribbiani in "Friends."
Here is a complete breakdown of Matt LeBlanc's Emmys record:
- Lead actor in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2002
- Lead actor in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2003
- Lead actor in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2004
- Lead actor in a comedy series — "Episodes" — 2011
- Lead actor in a comedy series — "Episodes" — 2013
- Lead actor in a comedy series — "Episodes" — 2014
- Lead actor in a comedy series — "Episodes" — 2015
2. Jennifer Aniston has won one Emmy and been nominated seven times.
Jennifer Aniston has the same number of Emmy nominations as LeBlanc, but she trumps in two different ways. Firstly, Aniston has more "Friends" nominations than LeBlanc (five to three), and, secondly, Aniston has a win to her name.
The win actually came for season eight of "Friends," in which she played Rachel Green.
Aniston has also been nominated once apiece for two other shows: "30 Rock" and "The Morning Show." The result of the latter nomination is yet to be determined, but she is the current favorite after previously taking home the Screen Actors' Guild award. If she does win, she will be the "Friends" cast member with the most Emmy wins — she's currently tied for first place.
Here is a complete breakdown of Jennifer Aniston's Emmys record:
- Supporting actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2000
- Supporting actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2001
- Lead actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2002 (WIN)
- Lead actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2003
- Lead actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2004
- Guest actress in a comedy series — "30 Rock" — 2009
- Lead actress in a drama series — "The Morning Show" — 2020
1. Lisa Kudrow has the most Emmy nominations — 14 — and one win.
Lisa Kudrow tops the ranking with the most Emmy nominations in total out of the main cast with a whopping 14 bids. She also has the most nominations specifically for "Friends," with six nominations for playing Phoebe Buffay.
Kudrow won supporting actress in a comedy series on one of those occasions, for the show's fourth season in 1998 — the one with Ross' wedding.
Her other seven nominations were a mixture of lead actress in a comedy for "The Comeback," outstanding reality program for "Who Do You Think You Are?" and outstanding special class (short-format live-action entertainment programs) for "Web Therapy."
Here's a complete breakdown of Lisa Kudrow's Emmys record:
- Supporting actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 1995
- Supporting actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 1997
- Supporting actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 1998 (WIN)
- Supporting actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 1999
- Supporting actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2000
- Supporting actress in a comedy series — "Friends" — 2001
- Lead actress in a comedy series — "The Comeback" — 2006
- Outstanding reality program — "Who Do You Think You Are?" — 2012
- Outstanding special class (short-format live-action entertainment programs) — "Web Therapy" — 2012
- Outstanding reality program — "Who Do You Think You Are?" — 2014
- Lead actress in a comedy series — "The Comeback" — 2015
- Outstanding reality program "Who Do You Think You Are?" — 2017
- Outstanding reality program — "Who Do You Think You Are?" — 2018
- Outstanding reality program — "Who Do You Think You Are?" — 2019
Which Friends cast won the most Emmys? ›
It earned 62 Emmy nominations and won six, including Outstanding Comedy Series for its eighth season. Although the Academy notoriously snubbed Courteney Cox, the rest of the main cast received at least one Emmy nomination each, but only Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow won.Did anyone from the cast of Friends win an Emmy? ›
Kudrow won the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at the 50th Primetime Emmy Awards in 1998, while Aniston won for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series in 2002; LeBlanc, Perry, and Schwimmer also received Emmy nominations for their performances.Which of the Friends cast has been most successful? ›
Jennifer Aniston aka Rachel Green: worth $320 million (£258.5m) Aniston is thought to be worth a whopping $320 million (£258.5m), making her the richest member of the Friends cast.Which Friends actor is least successful? ›
Joey may have been the hottie of the show, but in real life LeBlanc's net worth comes in at the bottom of the Friends pile (according to The Tab, at least).Did Chandler win an Emmy? ›
'" Chandler won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his role in the final season of Friday Night Lights.Who was the best Friends actor? ›
Her 14 nominations (six for “Friends,” eight for post-“Friends” programs) easily outpace LeBlanc's seven and Aniston's six (though she did win one). This kind of goldmine supports an argument many have always believed: Kudrow is the best actor of the cast.
Jennifer Aniston is best known for her Primetime Emmy® Award winning role of “Rachel Green” on NBC's popular series Friends.Which Friends cast member has never watched the show? ›
Friends alum Matthew Perry has revealed that his addiction battle he faced during his time on the hit sitcom was the reason why he never watched the popular show.Who won the most awards out of the Friends cast? ›
1. Lisa Kudrow has the most Emmy nominations — 14 — and one win. Lisa Kudrow tops the ranking with the most Emmy nominations in total out of the main cast with a whopping 14 bids. She also has the most nominations specifically for "Friends," with six nominations for playing Phoebe Buffay.Who is the highest paid in Friends series? ›
Jennifer Aniston played the role of Rachel Green and was considered the highest-paid actor with a net worth of $320 million (£258.5m). However, all the actors in the main cast were paid equally on Friends, with $1 million per episode for the final two seasons.
Who had the highest paying job in Friends? ›
So who earned the most? Well, Giff Gaff dug through all 10 seasons of the hit sitcom to estimate each character's salary – and they've determined that the highest paid member of the gang is, in fact, Joey.Who is the least popular friend? ›
Monica is the least favourite main character on the show with only five percent of the votes. Her brother Ross didn't fare much better, only scoring one percent more.Which actor was rude on Friends? ›
Fisher Stevens Admits to Being Rude Guest Star on 'Friends'Who was the most difficult to work with on Friends? ›
One of them was Jean-Claude Van Damme who had made it difficult to work with the other main cast Jennifer Anniston and Courteney Cox. In the episode of “The One After the Superbowl: Part 2,” which appeared in Season 2 of the hit sitcom, Jean-Claude played a version of himself.Did Courteney Cox win an Emmy for Friends? ›
Chandler is the only one to have consecutive wins with 3 wins in a row. One is an individual challenge, one is a team challenge, and one is a coaching challenge(coaching Mary Lisa to win).Did Joey Tribbiani win any awards? ›
Matt LeBlanc is best known for his role as the beloved Joey Tribbiani on the iconic NBC series Friends. The show aired for a decade and garnered LeBlanc accolades, including three consecutive Emmy nominations, three Golden Globe nominations and a Screen Actors Guild Award among others.Who is the most liked Friends cast? ›
I'll be there for you - unless you're Ross Geller. Ahead of the reunion special of the beloved '90s TV show Friends, YouGov asked Americans who their favorite character from the show is. America's favorite friend is none other than Rachel Greene.Who is the most liked member of Friends? ›
Chandler is arguably most people's favorite character in Friends.Who was the most popular guest on Friends? ›
1. Brad Pitt as Will Colbert. Pitt famously guest starred in a Thanksgiving episode while married to Jennifer Aniston.
Why is Jennifer Aniston not attending the Emmys? ›
Jennifer Aniston revealed on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” that she will not be attending the 2021 Emmys on Sunday, citing her personal safety as the pandemic continues.How many Emmys does Matt LeBlanc have? ›
List of awards and nominations received by Matt LeBlanc.
|LeBlanc in 2011|
|Primetime Emmy Award||0||8|
|Screen Actors Guild Award||1||8|
|Golden Globe Awards||1||5|
Matthew Perry Initially Turned Down His Iconic Role As 'Chandler Bing' On 'Friends' When Matthew Perry was offered the role of Chandler Bing, he turned it down.Who never kissed on Friends? ›
So the actors kiss, but their characters, Monica and Joey, never "actually" do. Chandler, Phoebe, Rachel and Ross kiss everyone else at one time or another, although Ross and his sister, Monica, never kiss on screen.Which couple has never kissed on the show Friends? ›
18. The Friends have pretty much all kissed each other. One hard-working Tumblr fan did some serious research on this, confirming that the only two characters who have never locked lips in any way are Monica and Phoebe – everyone else has, if you include off-screen moments and hypothetical "what if?" episodes.Did any Friends cast have addiction? ›
Matthew Perry opens up about being a friend to those struggling with addiction. The "Friends" star talks about fighting his years of drug and alcohol abuse.Who did not win an Emmy on Friends? ›
Friends is one of the most successful sitcoms ever, and as such it received various nominations and awards throughout its run, but only one actress from the main cast never got an Emmy nomination for her role in the show: Courteney Cox.How much was Monica's rent? ›
Monica's apartment in Friends: $6,554 a month
Apparently, it was rent-controlled at $200 a month (outrageous!) because Monica's grandmother left her the apartment. In real life today, a two-bedroom apartment in West Village just like theirs goes for an average of $6,554 a month.
All Friends cast members — Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry — receive 2 percent of the syndication income, which is about $20 million for each person per year, USA Today reports.Who is richer Chandler or Ross? ›
Even though Ross later becomes professor and even gets a tenured position still except for the last season, Chandler earns more than him. Apart from those two, Joey becomes a popular daily soap actor whose income would probably be the maximum among the six of them.
What was Joey Tribbiani's salary? ›
Three years later, however, he was propelled to stardom after being cast in the role of loveable ladies man Joey Tribbiani on Friends. Upon joining the series, LeBlanc, much like the rest of his cast, earned a not-too-shabby $22,500 per episode.What was Phoebe's salary in Friends? ›
Lisa Kudrow: First Episode - $22,500 / Last Episode - $1 Million. Like the rest of the cast, Lisa Kudrow made $22,500 per episode for the entirety of season one for her work as Phoebe Buffay. As the seasons went by, fans were happy to learn more and more about the enigmatic character.Who is most disliked in Friends? ›
Poor Emily. Arguably the most hated character in the show's history, Emily is Ross' romantic interest throughout seasons 4 and 5.
While Joey appears in 47.7 percent of all scenes, the most of any character, Phoebe, the character who appears in the fewest, is just barely behind her pals, with appearances in 41.9 percent of all scenes.Who is the least likeable character in Friends? ›
Janine is one of the women that Joey dates throughout the show, and is one of his more long-term relationships by his standard. However, she was also one of the least likable characters that ever appeared, and was someone that fans absolutely couldn't stand.Who did Jennifer Aniston dislike on Friends? ›
Peter Weber's season was a "breaking point" for Rachel.
"I was livid," she said. "He is a veteran, and there's never been a veteran lead. He has got a million-dollar smile.
#1 Saturday Night Live
Prior to the 2022 edition, SNL had picked up 92 wins and remains the undisputable king of the Emmys.
American actress Lisa Kudrow has been honored with numerous accolades over her career. For her role in the sitcom Friends, she received six nominations at the Primetime Emmy Awards, winning in 1998 for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.Did Phoebe win an Emmy? ›
Known to millions as Phoebe Buffay on Friends, Lisa Kudrow is an Emmy and Screen Actors Guild Award winning actress, writer, and producer.What iconic actor has never won an Academy? ›
- 1 Toni Collette. PalmStar Media.
- 2 Samuel L. Jackson. ...
- 3 John Goodman. Gramercy Pictures. ...
- 4 Amy Adams. Columbia Pictures. ...
- 5 Laurence Fishburne. Warner Bros. ...
- 6 Robert Downey Jr. Paramount Pictures. Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man, and Tony Stark is Robert Downey Jr. ...
What male actor has won the most Emmys? ›
As of July 2022, at the top of the ranking of male performers with the most Emmy Award wins ever is Edward Asner with seven wins in total. He twice won the award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his portrayal of the eponymous character in "Lou Grant."Which female actress has most Emmys? ›
Most successful Emmys actresses 2022
Joint top of the ranking of female performers with the most Emmy wins ever are Cloris Leachman and Julia Louis-Dreyfus with eight wins each.
Yes, “Frasier” has more wins than the show it spun off from: “Cheers.” In fact, it has more wins than any other sitcom. Unlike a lot of other shows, “Frasier” remained well received until the end. It added six Emmys in its final season, bringing its total to 37.