Many students do not understand the complexity of nursing research topics when preparing research papers. You must have sufficient knowledge to prepare paperwork. Each topic requires detailed research and the selection of reliable sources.
The choice of nursing paper topics assumes knowledge of medical terms and the ability to operate with them. Moreover, all ideas discussed should have links to trusted sources. Proofreading, grammar, and formatting checks are also extremely important.
The preparation of the research paper layout involves an introduction and main paragraphs for expressing your thoughts. Depending on your paper requirements, you must adhere to the technical nuances of text formatting. The cited works page is as important as the nursing research paper topic. You can link to scientific articles and studies.
The research paper assumes an academic writing style without personal opinions and colloquial jargon. It is also necessary to cite authoritative sources, but not to allow plagiarism in your paper. All this makes finding nursing research topic ideas the least problem for students. Here are the most interesting options for you.
Such research topics for nursing students are related to mental health and patient care practices. This is suitable for those who want to tell all aspects of mental disorders, post-traumatic syndromes, and various neuronal fights in patients. The topic may be of interest to those who want to delve into the nuances and talk about modern mental disorders.
- What are the causes of depression among students?
- Is beer alcoholism a mental addiction?
- The main methods for diagnosing schizophrenia.
- Classification of the degrees of bipolar disorder.
- Causes of PTSD in Veterans.
- Mental disorders in patrol police.
- What is the impact of action video games on teens?
- The effect of prohibited substances on mental health.
- Psychiatric ethics and principles of medical anonymity.
- What is the impact of physical trauma on mental health?
- What are the main causes of mental dysfunction?
- Disorders of the cerebral cortex.
- Mental suffering.
- Methods for treating mental problems.
- Intensive mental therapy.
Child nursing research paper topics may also be of interest to those who want to tell more about childhood diseases, control, and prevention among the population. It is centered on children and their health. You can write about new methods of helping sick children in hospitals and the nuances of improving immunity.
- Main factors of ADHD occurrence and correct diagnosis.
- How does vaccination affect children with autism?
- The process of forming antibiotic resistance.
- What impact do food bloggers have on their followers' eating disorders?
- Methodology for dealing with childhood seizures.
- Methodology for organizing adolescent medicine.
- Impact of fast food on childhood obesity.
- Ethical aspects of pediatric pediatrics.
- Popular treatments for speech dysfunction.
- Pediatrics and patient care techniques.
- Children's intensive care.
- Help for newborns.
- Innovative aspects of the treatment of children.
- Non-invasive therapy.
- Nurses and prenatal centers.
Taking Care of Adult Patients
Controversial topics in nursing may be of interest if you touch upon aspects of adult patient care. In preparing your work, you can refer to various authoritative sources and psychological studies of adult patients. This will help you concentrate on the nursing aspects.
- Timely first aid for the coronary syndrome.
- Anxiety disorders in adult patients.
- Methodology for the treatment of a bipolar disorder.
- Innovative methods for the prevention of sclerosis.
- Cardiac tests to help adult patients.
- Treatment of migraine with modern methods.
- What are the main weight loss techniques?
- Dental hygiene and prevention.
- Excess weight and weight control features.
- Psychological problems in adulthood.
- Speech disorders in adults.
- Heart failure among the thirties.
- Medical ethics and the mystery of disease.
- Methods of treating the nervous system in adult patients.
- Anxiety syndrome.
Older Patients Care Regime
Unlike pediatric nursing research topics, this section deals with elderly patients. You have to choose a topic that concerns senile diseases, the care regimen for seriously ill patients, and anesthesia's nuances. Such a topic can be interesting, but it will require finding many authoritative sources to gather information.
- The influence of age on the condition of the joints.
- Predisposition and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease.
- The functioning of the cardiovascular system in older people.
- Cancer stages and effective treatment.
- Prevention of heart muscle problems.
- Intensive care and its consequences.
- How to prevent a stroke?
- Symptoms of arrhythmia and control of the elderly.
- Psychological consequences of a stroke.
- Therapy and maintenance of body tone.
- Methodology for caring for the elderly.
- Blood test and nursing tasks.
- Patient mental support.
- Legal aspects of nursing work with older people.
- Bipolar disorders in old people.
Women's Health Issues
Choosing a research topic for nursing students, you can pay attention to women's health issues. This section will allow you to explore many aspects of the health and nuances of the human body. This applies to pregnancy, menopause, and other aspects. This topic is especially relevant for female students.
- Stages of a breast cancer diagnosis.
- The main causes of infertility in women.
- What problems can women face during menopause?
- The nuances of pregnancy and the main changes in the body.
- How is ovarian inflammation treated?
- Methods for improving the work of the endocrine system.
- Sleep disturbances and symptoms of problems with the nervous system.
- Vaginal atrophy and treatment methodology.
- The main causes of reproductive dysfunction.
- What are the causes of hormonal disruptions in women?
There are many clinical nursing problems for research papers that relate to information gathering. The topic of obstetrics is very relevant in the context of studying and caring for babies. This option is convenient for research since there are many well-known studies. Also, such topics will be of interest to future parents.
- Psychological aspects of abortion care.
- The effect of termination of pregnancy on the female body.
- Gynecological examination technique.
- Premature birth and possible problems.
- Inpatient prevention of hypertensive dysfunction.
- Features and risks of cesarean section.
- Intensive care and resuscitation of infants.
- Preparation for childbirth and physiotherapy.
- Newborn control technique.
- Women's therapy during the recovery period after childbirth.
- Obstetric secrecy and ethics.
- The nuances of gynecological examinations.
- Pathology during childbirth.
- Obstetrics and resuscitation methods.
- Antenatal preparation of mothers.
Many modern controversial issues in nursing education relate to standard treatments. You can study one of the topics and find authoritative research to create an expert article. It will be especially interesting to choose a controversial topic and provide evidence-backed facts.
- Telemedicine and its basic principles.
- The role of nurses in the education system.
- The nuances of a healthy diet and basic prevention.
- How do parents influence the formation of children's eating habits?
- Pharmaceuticals and drug selection responsibility.
- Sexuality education and the need for adolescent education.
- Why is the work of social workers important?
- Medical ethics and drug distribution.
- Standard treatments for digitalization.
- Disease prevention and standard treatments.
Another option for nursing topics for research papers is pain management. Many patients are admitted to the hospital with physical problems. Constant pain can be a problem, so timely treatment is imperative. Preparing a research paper on this topic is relevant for many students.
- Pain receptors and methods of treating abdominal pain.
- The main principles of migraine treatment.
- What are the main diagnostic techniques for rheumatoid arthritis?
- New types of injections for medical centers.
- Effect of anesthesia on pain receptors.
- The potential danger of medicated injections.
- Rehabilitation of patients after car accidents.
- Treatment of fractures with opiates.
- Analysis of genetic pain syndromes.
- Patient pain relief system.
- Pain syndromes with fractures.
- Mental pain disorders.
- How does phantom pain appear?
Health Care Promotion
Are you looking for multifaceted research topics for nursing college students? Then health care promotion can be one of the options. This area includes many aspects with statistical data and real-life examples. Preparing a research paper will not be difficult in terms of finding the necessary and trusted sources.
- Legal aspects of healthcare in car accidents.
- Genetic research and innovation.
- How to start a private medical practice?
- Medicare benefits system and legal aspects of It.
- Features of rendering first aid to foreigners.
- Gender inequality in health care.
- Medicine and legislation.
- Home health care.
- General code and moral principles of nursing.
- Professional ethics and medical secrecy.
Professional Nursing Issues
This is a fairly extensive section that includes many topics. Accordingly, you have quite a few options for your research paper. The plus is that many scientific papers represent nursing research topics in medical surgical nursing.
- Theoretical aspects of the nursing profession.
- Ethical standards concerning the homeless.
- Intensive care and nursing tasks.
- Career aspects of nursing work.
- Professional ethics and patient anonymity.
- Nursing technical support.
- Stress control during night shifts in hospitals.
- Intensive care and emergencies.
- Stress control and professional qualifications.
- Digitalization of nursing work.
Other Nursing Topics
There are quite a few topics for nursing research papers that cannot be attributed to a specific topic. This is especially true for students who do not want to dive into niche sections of medicine. Such topics allow you to create a research paper and not go into the smallest details or nuances.
- The role of nurses in medical engineering.
- Breast cancer etiology and consequences.
- Presentation of the effects of pneumonia and drug treatment.
- Anxiety and methods of overcoming it.
- Tech gadgets for nurses.
- Nursing and mandatory overtime in Missouri.
- Why is it important to know medical terminology?
- Major mistakes and irregularities in therapy.
- Cohort studies.
- Pneumothorax and its consequences.
- What is the vulnerability of older people?
- What are the dangers of osteoporosis?
How to Write a Research Paper on Nursing Topics?
After looking through each list of research topics in nursing and have chosen a topic for yourself, you can start technical questions. Each college or university has its technical requirements. It all starts with a search for scientific journals, articles, and research.
You should study the current issues, find several authoritative sources, and start preparing the paper. For example, research topics in pediatric nursing require authoritative sources to back up each statement. This imposes its limitations.
Strong theses and personal research best complement any controversial aspects. The last paragraph is especially important because it should contain a specific call to action, a list of recommendations, or data comparison.
If this amount of work is too difficult for you, then we are ready to help. We have quite a few specialists and a list of research topics for nursing students, consisting of many points. You can choose what you like best, and we will get to work.
We will prepare a custom research paper that will focus on nursing practice problems of interest and methods for solving main problems. As a result, you will save time and get good grades.
An Inspiration Sources List:
What is the best topic for research paper in nursing? ›
- Analyzing the quality of health care in outpatient facilities.
- Ethics of health care for the homeless.
- Evaluating diversity in health care.
- Evaluating ethics of nursing uniform code rules.
- Evaluating gender roles in nursing.
- Evaluating the shortage of men in health care.
- Adverse childhood experiences (ACE's)
- Bruise study (light detection of bruises in various skin tones)
- Cancer screening, prevention and education.
- Cardiac care and congenital heart disease.
- Chronic disease self-management—Including diabetes self-management.
- Stop the Stigma: Human Trafficking. ...
- Safe and Efficient Vital Signs- is it Time to Change our Methods? ...
- Combating Compassion Fatigue Among Emergency Department Nurses. ...
- Preventing 30 Day Readmission for Patients with Heart Failure. ...
- Reducing Delirium in the ICU: Implementing a Sleep Protocol.
- Nurses' Impact on Advocacy and Policy.
- Racism and Nurses: Diverse Perspectives.
- Advancing Technology in Healthcare: Are You on Board?
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Nurses: Caring for Others and Ourselves.
- Nursing Education: Philosophical Perspectives on Current Challenges.
The sources for research problems included in this text are (1) clinical practice, (2) researcher and peer interactions, (3) literature review, (4) theories, and (5) research priorities identified by funding agencies and specialty groups.How do you write a nursing research project? ›
- Capture clinical questions or pearls.
- Review by committee or team.
- Develop a question and protocol.
- Identify and resolve barrier issues.
- Conduct the study.
- Present results to practitioners.
- Change practice based on results.
The four types of qualitative research designs most often used to conduct nursing research include: 1) phenomenology, 2) grounded theory, 3) ethnography, and 4) narrative inquiry.Where can I find nursing research articles? ›
The best way to find nursing research articles is by using the database CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature). The CINAHL Plus with Full Text database is also available from the Health Sciences Library list of databases.How do you formulate a research topic? ›
- Seek inspiration. Your research idea needs to be fresh, relevant, and interesting. ...
- Be clear. There's nothing that turns off readers more than unclear, garbled language. ...
- Avoid jargon. ...
- Make it personal. ...
- Consider your audience.
For example, in the qualitative research question, "What are the barriers felt by nurses that lead to the reluctance to use EBP in practice?" Also consider possible controlled vocabulary with the understanding that literature research databases will vary with that they may have for qualitative research terms.
Which goal is the highest priority for research in the nursing profession? ›
What is the highest priority for the importance of research in the nursing profession? -Research findings provide evidence for informing nurses' decisions and actions. -Conduct research to better understand the context of nursing practice.What are examples of quality improvement in nursing? ›
- Reduction in medication-related adverse events.
- Optimization of sepsis care.
- Decreased number of urinary catheter infections.
- Reduced hospital readmissions.
- Decreased medication administration errors.
- Improved electronic medical record documentation.
- Stress - 29%
- Anxiety - 22%
- Sleep Difficulties - 19%
- Depression - 15%
- Cold, Flu, Sore Throat - 14%
- Internet Use/Computer Games - 12%
- Participation in Extracurricular Activities - 11%
- Work - 10%
- 1: Data collection and analysis. In the healthcare system, data and quality care go hand-in-hand. ...
- 2: COVID-19 pandemic. ...
- 3: Preventive healthcare. ...
- 4: Patient knowledge. ...
- 5: Continued education. ...
- 6: Online nursing education. ...
- 7: Telehealth.
- Inadequate Staffing. Being short-staffed for brief periods of time is common in most professions, and in many of those situations, it is a minor inconvenience. ...
- Stress. ...
- Safety on the Job. ...
- Workplace Violence. ...
- Improving Self-Care.
The title summarizes the main idea or ideas of your study. A good title contains the fewest possible words that adequately describe the contents and/or purpose of your research paper. The title is without doubt the part of a paper that is read the most, and it is usually read first.What is an example of a research problem? ›
Causal research problems
For example, 'how does online education affect students' learning abilities? ' In such cases, experiments are the most popular way of collecting primary data. Here, the hypothesis is usually directional, i.e. explaining how one factor affects the behaviour of another one.
- Read as much information as possible about nursing research. Much of what student learn builds upon the concepts that they have already learned.
- Study the established theories as much as possible. ...
- Use online resources as supplemental information.
Start your essay with an attention-grabbing first topic statement to draw the reader in. You want to let the reader get an idea of who you are and what nursing means to you. So, plan out your main reasons for choosing nursing, and elaborate from there.What is basic research in nursing? ›
One of the central goals of nursing research is to subject such practice to rigorous, scientific inquiry. Basic research is a catch-all term for scientific research aimed at advancing fundamental knowledge without any immediate goal or practical use in mind.
What are the 2 types of nursing research? ›
Nursing Resources : Types of Research within Qualitative and Quantitative.What are examples of quantitative research in nursing? ›
Examples of quantitative studies include measuring the association between nurse understaffing and medication error in hospitals (correlational) or assessing the effectiveness of a new drug in comparison to placebo (experimental).What is the full form of nursing? ›
NURSE Full Form, What is the Full form of NURSE ? by admin | Jun 22, 2019 | Medical Full Form | 0 comments. The Full form of NURSE is Nurse Practitioner. NURSE is commonly abbreviated as NP. An NP is a registered nurse (RN) who has completed an advanced training program in a medical specialty, such as pediatric care.What is nursing Short answer? ›
Nursing encompasses autonomous and collaborative care of individuals of all ages, families, groups and communities, sick or well and in all settings. It includes the promotion of health, the prevention of illness, and the care of ill, disabled and dying people.What are three important journals read by people in the nursing field? ›
- Quality of Life Research. This link opens in a new window. ...
- Birth: Issues in Prenatal Care. ...
- Cancer Nursing Practice. ...
- Journal of Advanced Nursing. ...
- Western Journal of Nursing Research. ...
- Journal of Nursing Scholarship. ...
- Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research. ...
- Research in Nursing & Health.
- Brainstorm Some Research Topics. The first and probably the easiest step is to have a brainstorming session to see what topic is best for you. ...
- Select a Topic. ...
- Get Super Specific. ...
- Define Your Topic as a Question. ...
- Research Your Topic More / Create an Outline.
- Choose a topic that's appropriate to the length of your paper. ...
- Avoid a topic that will tempt you to summarize rather than to discuss or analyze. ...
- Choose a topic that interests you. ...
- If your assignment requires research, choose a topic on which you can find material.
- Epidemics versus pandemics.
- Child health care.
- Medical humanitarian missions in the developing world.
- Homoeopathic medicines – the placebo effect.
- Virus infections – causes and treatment.
- Is medical research on animals ethical.
- Vaccination – dangers versus benefits.
The most common experimental design in nursing studies is a pre-test / post-test design with experimental and control groups.Which method of research is best for nursing science? ›
It is the most effective tool in nursing and health care treatment by which all quantitative outcomes, studies and research methodology can be evaluated.
What are the 5 purposes of nursing research? ›
The speciﬁc purposes of nursing research include identification, description, exploration, explanation, prediction, and control.What are the three goals of clinical nursing research? ›
The overall goals of nursing research are to prevent disease and disability, eliminate pain and symptoms caused by disease states, and enhance palliative and end of life care.Why is it important for nurses to do research? ›
Nurses need research because it helps them advance their field, stay updated and offer better patient care. Information literacy skills can help nurses use information more effectively to develop their own conclusions. Evidence-based practice is important for nurses.What are 3 areas of improvement nursing? ›
Three themes in the areas for improvement — confidence, knowledge, and communication — were in the top 10 for most of the jobs we studied. Yet the top themes for work improvement appeared to be more job specific, compared to those themes provided for the strengths.What are the 6 aims of healthcare improvement? ›
That IOM report committee recommended six aims for improvement: health care should be safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable. In this paper, we focus specifically on two of those aims: health care that is patient-centered and equitable.How can nurses improve performance? ›
Nurses can enhance their performance by studying more, networking and, improving their communication skills. Work on Problem-Solving Skills – Problem-solving skills are necessary for any job, but they can be especially important as a nurse.What are the hot topics in healthcare? ›
- Health Equity. ...
- Improving Care for Older Adults. ...
- Ensuring Healthy Mothers and Babies. ...
- Workplace Safety and Well-being. ...
- Addressing the Opiod Epidemic.
- obesity: 15%
- cancer: 14%
- diabetes: 2%
- drug & alcohol abuse: 2%
- heart disease: 1%
- flu: 1%
- mental illness: 1%
- AIDS: 1%
Overweight and Obesity
Being overweight or obese increases your chances of dying from hypertension, type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke, gallbladder disease, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, respiratory problems, dyslipidemia and endometrial, breast, prostate, and colon cancers.
One current trend in nursing that's expected to continue is the push toward encouraging nurses to earn graduate degrees. Nurses with a master's degree are prepared to lead their organizations and pursue advanced credentials, such as the advanced practice registered nurse designation.
What will be the future of nursing? ›
We will see significant job growth for nurses in 2022.
Even pre-COVID, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projected Registered Nursing to be one of the top occupations for job growth through 2030, expected to grow by 9% (much faster than average), and reported 276,800 new RN jobs will be added by the year 2030.
- Long shifts. Nurses often work 10- or 12-hour shifts. ...
- Changing schedules. ...
- Emotional involvement. ...
- Physical demands. ...
- Exposure to illness and chemicals. ...
- Lack of nurses. ...
- Changing technology. ...
- Poor treatment from patients.
Nursing is one of the most rewarding and challenging professions in health care. During a 12-hour shift, nurses may take on a demanding workload due to staffing shortages; endure workplace bullying; risk exposure to infection; and, despite all their professional experience, still lose patients.What is the most challenging part of nursing? ›
- Losing patients. ...
- Being judged for their career choice. ...
- Working long hours. ...
- Experiencing physical/verbal abuse. ...
- Navigating hospital politics. ...
- Using outdated or time-consuming technology. ...
- Feeling pressure to know everything.
One of the most important qualities of a good nurse is compassion. In their career, nurses will see patients suffer. Beyond simply offering a solution, they must be able to express compassion for patients and their families. This allows them to form meaningful relationships with their patients.
What is the highest priority for the importance of research in the nursing profession? -Research findings provide evidence for informing nurses' decisions and actions. -Conduct research to better understand the context of nursing practice.What is an example of a qualitative research question in nursing? ›
For example, in the qualitative research question, "What are the barriers felt by nurses that lead to the reluctance to use EBP in practice?" Also consider possible controlled vocabulary with the understanding that literature research databases will vary with that they may have for qualitative research terms.What are the research titles? ›
The title summarizes the main idea or ideas of your study. A good title contains the fewest possible words that adequately describe the contents and/or purpose of your research paper. The title is without doubt the part of a paper that is read the most, and it is usually read first.What is basic research in nursing? ›
One of the central goals of nursing research is to subject such practice to rigorous, scientific inquiry. Basic research is a catch-all term for scientific research aimed at advancing fundamental knowledge without any immediate goal or practical use in mind.What are the 5 purposes of nursing research? ›
The speciﬁc purposes of nursing research include identification, description, exploration, explanation, prediction, and control.
What are the three goals of clinical nursing research? ›
The overall goals of nursing research are to prevent disease and disability, eliminate pain and symptoms caused by disease states, and enhance palliative and end of life care.What are the six types of PICO questions? ›
New York: Elsevier, Churchill Livingstone, 2005.) Questions arise from 6 aspects of clinical work: Clinical evidence, diagnosis, prognosis, therapy, prevention and education.What is an example of a PICO? ›
Describe as accurately as possible the patient or group of patients of interest. What is the main intervention or therapy you wish to consider? Including an exposure to disease, a diagnostic test, a prognostic factor, a treatment, a patient perception, a risk factor, etc.
These types of questions typically ask who, what, where, when, how & why about things like a disorder, test, or treatment, or other aspect of healthcare. For example: What are the clinical manifestations of menopause? What causes migraines?What is an example of quantitative research in nursing? ›
Examples of quantitative studies include measuring the association between nurse understaffing and medication error in hospitals (correlational) or assessing the effectiveness of a new drug in comparison to placebo (experimental).What are the four types of nursing research? ›
The four types of qualitative research designs most often used to conduct nursing research include: 1) phenomenology, 2) grounded theory, 3) ethnography, and 4) narrative inquiry.How do you formulate a research topic? ›
- Seek inspiration. Your research idea needs to be fresh, relevant, and interesting. ...
- Be clear. There's nothing that turns off readers more than unclear, garbled language. ...
- Avoid jargon. ...
- Make it personal. ...
- Consider your audience.
- Infectious disease. 29 articles | 1,643,000 views. ...
- Nutritional immunology. 29 articles | 768,000 views. ...
- Music therapy. 44 articles | 268,000 views. ...
- Political misinformation. 11 articles | 219,000 views. ...
- Plant science. 15 articles | 198,000 views. ...
- Sustainable agriculture. ...
- Mental health. ...
- Aging brains.
- How can standardized tests improve education?
- Does college graduates make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children.
- Social networking and school.
Some common research paper topics include abortion, birth control, child abuse, gun control, history, climate change, social media, AI, global warming, health, science, and technology.